- Small classrooms of no more than 10 students
- 24 hours per week of differentiated instruction
- High staff-to-student ratio
- One hour of counseling each week with a School Social Worker
- 5 week program in the summer for all grades, offering credit recovery for high school students
- Vocational program that offers on-and-off grounds opportunities including: culinary arts, woodshop and horticulture.
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) support and consultation towards the formulation of individualized Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans.
- STRIVE-a token economy system that offers students positive reinforcement
Students in Kindergarten through 12th grade who need special education are eligible to attend Whitney Hall School.
“I missed a lot of high school because I was depressed. My counselor told me I was anxious too. I wasn’t going to graduate but I did and that is because of the staff at Whitney Hall. They were really nice to me and the classes didn’t have a lot of kids. I liked it there and so I made the effort to go. I graduated. I’m kinda surprised, but I really did it!”