The RN will work under the Director of Nursing and the Supervisor of Nursing to provide and coordinate medical services for The Children’s Center of Hamden clients within their level of care as defined by their treatment program. The RN is expected to collaborate with other health care professionals when caring for our clients according to their individualized treatment plans. The RN is a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team and acts as the liaison between the Medical Dept. and other agency programs. The RN must be able to assess, implement treatment plan per provider’s orders and evaluate outcomes of the client from school age to young adulthood. In addition to above, RN is expected to apply the nursing process and develop nursing diagnoses to identify actual or potential health problems. The RN must have the expertise and independence to fulfill job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Appropriate computer skills to be proficient with EMR (electronic medical record).
- Understanding of the pediatric population with medical, behavioral and psychiatric issues and ability to work with them effectively.
- Proficiency with medication administration.
- Experience with DDS programming preferred.
- A minimum of two years experience preferably with the pediatric population in some capacity.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Proof of current Connecticut licensure as a Registered Nurse
2:00pm-10:00pm or 3:00pm-11:00pm
Full time, 32 hours.
1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts available (1st shift 6:30am-2:30pm, 2nd shift 2:00pm-10:00pm or 3:00pm-11:00pm & 3rd shift 11:00pm-7:00am).
(Please note LPNs are not eligible for this position)