The employee in this position will perform basic plumbing, repairs, and general maintenance work such as, but not limited to, carpentry, plumbing, minor electrical & masonry jobs throughout The Children’s Center of Hamden buildings & grounds. The Maintenance Worker will be expected to perform other duties as assigned.
This is a full time position, 40 hours per week. The schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00pm.
Hourly pay range is $16.00-18.00, commensurate with experience/education.
- Must have expert knowledge of carpentry as well as knowledge of plumbing & electrical work (Licensing is not required, but testing of qualifications may be)
- Do heavy work, move furniture, boxes, etc.
- Work off ladder at various heights
- Understand written instructions
- Make visual inspections of equipment & work areas to ensure safety
- Hear verbal instructions as well as warning alarms, equipment malfunction noises, etc.
- Paint & Patch
- Perform general cleaning & grounds upkeep, this includes cleaning in Whitney Hall School
- Call attention to and report safety concerns
- Snow Removal
Must have a High School or Trade School Diploma
Must have a minimum of 5 years building repair experience
Successful candidates must also be able to:
- Must obtain/maintain Public Service Driver’s License
- Must complete a criminal background check
- Must pass pre-employment physical exam, physical demands test & drug screen
A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer