Since 1833 The Children’s Center has been helping children and families. We are private and nonprofit. Our programs, including the Whitney Hall School, are State licensed and we have received Accreditation from The Joint Commission for Behavioral Health Care Services. Our multi-service agency is located at 1400 Whitney Avenue in Hamden, Connecticut. Click Here for directions.
Our Board of Directors and Management Team values the contributions of its diverse workforce and monitors the management of agency resources so that employees can be successful in their efforts to provide an environment that fosters positive age appropriate experiences for children and youth with behavioral, emotional and/or learning disabilities.
What we look for in an employee:
We look for all our employees to have a successful work history, and good interpersonal skills. Employees must be dependable, flexible, dedicated workers, who can work effectively, independently and as part of a team. It is essential for our staff to be positive role models for the clients we serve.
Some positions require special qualifications due to their nature. All direct care staff who may face crisis are equipped with the safest, most practical, and most effective de-escalation and conflict resolution training.
Use this link to view current career opportunities at The Children’s Center
What we offer:
We offer competitive wages and salaries, excellent benefits including a 401k program, a pleasant work environment, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our children. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Personal Time Off
An offer of employment is contingent upon these factors:
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical which includes a drug screening and PPD
- Satisfactory reference checks
- Education Verification
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- National Sex Offender Registry
- DCF/CPS Child Abuse and Neglect Registry
- DDS Abuse and Neglect Registry
Candidates are encouraged to mail or e-mail their resume to our Human Resource Department, no phone calls please. Resumes are kept on file for one year.
Thank you for your interest in applying for an internship at The Children’s Center of Hamden!
Please spend some time on our website to learn more about our programs and those we serve.
Please be informed that all interns are required to pass a drug screen, be in good health and receive the influenza vaccine. The Children’s Center of Hamden also completes criminal background checks.
To apply for an internship with one of our programs, please email:
- your resume
- an e-mail that introduces yourself and includes the following
- months of the internship
- total number of required hours
- days and times you will be available to complete the required hours
- an explanation as to why you want an internship at our agency
- We will contact appropriate applicants for an interview
- Please contact Maria Brereton with questions