This is a full time position, 2nd shift only, weekends are required. There are no part time or per diem shifts available.
A Direct Care Worker is a role model and is responsible for the care, welfare, safety and security of young people. The nature of the care varies depending on the young person’s needs. The work involves physical care and custody, guidance in personal hygiene, work and study habits, and social, spiritual and recreational activities.
Hourly pay range is $14.01-18.83, commensurate with experience/education.
- Supervising young people in housekeeping chores & responsibilities, and in recreational activities.
- Observing & recording positive and negative interactions for the individual young person.
- Housekeeping and food service responsibilities.
- Transporting young people to appointments and other events.
Critical Physical Demands:
Definition: Critical demands are the physical capabilities required to perform the essential functions of a job.
- Must be able to carry up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to push up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to turn repetitively to the right and left while standing.
- Must be able to half-knee/kneel at a constant level.
- Must be able to sustain a forward bending position.
- Must be able to stair climb without a heart rate exceeding 90% maximum heart rate at anytime.
- Knowledge of childcare and housekeeping methods.
- Ability to understand the problems and needs of youth who are substance abusers and who have been involved with the Juvenile Justice System.
- Ability to supervise groups of young people on work assignments and in their recreational activities. Ability to maintain discipline and order.
- Interest in young people and mature judgment in dealing with their behavioral problems.
BA/BS in Human Services preferred and may be required in some programs.
Two years of experience in the field of human services is preferred.
A valid driver’s license with a safe driving record is required.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer