The Clinical Therapist will be responsible for clinical services and general case management within the context of a treatment team for children and families served by The Children’s Center of Hamden. The Extended Day Treatment Program has a capacity of 62 boys & girls who live at home or with a surrogate family, and who require an intensive treatment setting. Treatment planning on the milieu considers gender, growth & development, trauma histories, and diagnosis. While on our campus the youth are divided into distinct treatment groups according to age & diagnosis. The groups each have their own schedule of treatment activities. All staff have formal training in Risking Connections and some are involved in a DCF training cooperative to maintain certification as Project Joy facilitators.
Schedule and Days off: 10:30 a.m. – 7 p.m. during the academic year. 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. during the summer and school vacations. Saturday and Sundays off.
- Clinical experience working with youth, adolescents & families.
- Must be a Masters level clinician (MSWs must have received LMSW license) with license eligibility.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Valid CT driver’s license.
One year experience. Training in child psychopathology and developmental psychology.
- Provide various types of counseling & therapy to youth & families.
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team, and is responsible for providing information, strategies and a clinical perspective, along with promoting teamwork in the treatment of youth.
- Be the liaison to outside agencies & personnel; DCF, hospitals, insurance/managed care, the legal system, private consultants, etc.
- Be expected to perform other related duties.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer